Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Paparazzi

A couple days ago, Isaiah celebrated his first birthday.


We put a bounce house in our backyard, and it often looked like every kid in the neighborhood was jumping around in there (I'm pretty sure a few were party crashers). And yes, after everyone left, I crawled in to get a few bounces of my own!


Taking after his mommy, this was the gift Isaiah played with the rest of the night.


The idea of a Smash Cake must be something new. Back when I turned one (Oh no! I'm starting to sound old!), we were given a small slice of the main birthday cake. Now, a lot of bakeries make seperate mini-cakes for the baby to smash into. And everyone looks forward to that! So I was a little suprised that Isaiah was being so cautious with his cake. It's like he knew people were watching him eat, documenting his every move.

3 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

Sounds like a great party! Bounce houses are cool, and if I'd been there I would have been bouncing in it too!

That's too funny about Isaiah and the cake, though I hope he isn't one of these overly meticulous kids who also peels the wrapping off gifts very slowly and carefully too! I mean, after all, he's a boy, and it's a boy's duty to be reckless and messy, right? ^_^

Val said...

Hi Jay
I just finished 13 Reasons Why. I teach at PRHS, just north of SLO. I am starting my 1st novel while teaching Living Skills. My friend Jeanne teaches Peer Communication...I would love to sit with you over coffee or wine when you have a bit to chat.
Your family is so lovely!
Val Poalillo

jodi said...

Isaiah is so adorable. Happy first birthday!!