Friday, September 06, 2013

GETT1NG INK3D

I've seen tattoos inspired by Thirteen Reasons Why before, whether it's a series of symbols to remind the wearer of certain ideas in the book, or a passage written on the back of a leg.
 
Below are two different designs based around the first line of a poem in the book. I've seen the second design used on various art projects, but this is the first time I've seen it inked on skin. I wonder if this person knows where the line originated. If not, I at least hope he/she would like the book!
 

3 comments:

amber alvarez said...

That is so legit.

Jennifer R. Donohue said...

I should hope people getting quotes tattooed on them know the origins! Of course, sometimes that's a little much to hope for.

For banned books week, my library is giving away a copy of Thirteen Reasons Why (and two other books). I'm pleased, as I quite liked it and push it on people asking for book recommendations.

Shantel diane homernik said...

You'll probably never see this comment, but I am the person in the second photo. I originally found the drawn sharpie version of the picture on Tumblr and fell in love with all of it. After I got it tattooed, I did a little more research on it and found out it was from your book. Thirteen Reasons Why is one of my most favorite books now. I tell everyone about it still to this day and am so excited that Netflix made a TV series out of it!